If you are confused about which headphones you should go for – wired or wireless headphones, then go through this article till the end.
You will understand both wired and wireless headphones with their advantages and disadvantages, what is the difference between them feature-wise.
In the end, I would talk about which lifestyle that requires wired headphones or wireless headphones to give you better clarity.
Wired headphones are popular for their superior audio quality as you don’t have data loss with a wired connection.
Wired headphones mostly come with 3.5 mm jack , however, some studio professional headsets come with a 6.35mm plug that you can directly plug into DJ systems.
You can easily get a converter from the aftermarket if you have any of the 3.5mm or 6.35mm jacks.
Advantages of Wired Headphones
- Ease of use – You just need to plug in and start enjoying it.
- Audio quality – Since your wired headphones mostly use copper wires with insulation over it, they almost have zero signal loss, which results in top-notch sound quality. You can get up to 2.1 Mbps signal transmission without any data loss or lag.
- Lifetime – Wired headphones stay many years with you unless you get your headphone cable broken. If you are careful about your stuff, you can enjoy your wired headphones for your lifetime.
- Compatibility – Wired headphones are compatible with almost every device that offers sound output, thanks to the 3.5 mm Aux port.
- Low cost – Wired headphones are cheap and don’t burn a hole in your pocket.
Disadvantages of Wired Headphones
- Tangled cables – The biggest turn-off of wired headphones is the cables tangling around. Even these days, tangle-free cables are in trend but you still have to open knots made sometimes.
- Less freedom – You have to stay within a limited place up to the length of the headset’s cable.
- Future devices – Latest smartphones are avoiding 3.5 mm port and you need a converter to connect your old wired headphones which can be an issue.
Also check out – Best wireless headphones under 2000 in India
Wireless headphones provide you the freedom to move around without worrying about the wires to come in-between. You can go for a jog, do workouts, and perform domestic chores without any frustration of handling tangled wires.
You may feel a lag or quality loss in the low budget wireless headsets but premium wireless headphones have reduced that gap by introducing high-quality audio codecs to protect the sound quality.
Advantages of Wireless Headphones
- Absolute freedom – Wireless headphones allow you to move around without tangling with wires.
- Compatibility – Wireless headsets are compatible with almost all the devices like smartphones, laptops, home theaters, thanks to Bluetooth technology
- Smart features – Latest wireless earphones come with Smart assistants like Siri, Alexa, or Google. Some wireless earbuds have built-in heart sensor or water resistance.
- Sound quality – Wireless headphones sound quality is improving day-by-day as most of the companies are coming with lossless file codes like DAC, ALAC to reduce the data transmission loss and lag.
Disadvantages of Wireless Headphones
- Battery issues – You have to charge on regular basis to enjoy wirelessly and batteries have a life expectancy of around 3 years after that these devices are dead (if you are not able to get the battery replaced).
- Price – Wireless technology is expensive that makes headphones 3 to 4 times costlier as compared to wired ones.
- Connectivity issues – You may face Bluetooth connectivity issues sometimes due to software crash or any other reason.
Also read – Best wireless headphones under 1000 in India
Difference between Wired vs Wireless Headphones
Generally, wireless headphones support data transfer at a maximum rate of up to 768 kbps, whereas wired headphones allow data transmission of up to 2 Mbps.
Means, you get nearly 3 times faster data transmission in wired headphones than wireless that’s why you may feel lag in wireless headphones, but no lag in wired ones.
Wireless headphones provide Bluetooth connectivity which is mostly present in all smartphones and laptops that helps you easily connect with these devices.
Wired headphones are omnipresent because of the 3.5 mm Aux jack available nearly 95% of devices in the world but the latest smartphones like iPhone 7 are getting rid of the 3.5 mm port, so it really depends on which device you are using to check the compatibility.
No doubt Wireless headphones have provided absolute freedom from tangled wires. You just connect the device wirelessly to groove on the music, or go for a running without worrying about wires catching into something and annoying you.
On the other hand, wired headphones have the biggest problem of wires but if your work is stationary like sitting hours on your desk, then your wired headphones will not be a problem for you.
It all depends on your lifestyle whether you are on move or keep steady in one place.
Wired headphones live years if you carefully use them, otherwise, a minor crack on the cable can make them useless. However, I have seen people using their headphones for more than 5-6 years without having any issue with the cable.
Wireless headphones come with batteries and batteries tend to die with time. Once a battery dies, your headphone is useless for you until you get it replaced. The average life of a wireless headphone battery is around 3 years after that battery starts making trouble.
Price makes a big difference in wired and wireless headphones. Because on average, you get a wireless headphone 3 to 4 times costlier than a similar wired headphone model possessing the same features.
If you are on a low budget, you can get a better quality wired headphone as compared to a wireless one.
Best Wireless Headphones in India 2022
boAt Rockerz 600 Bluetooth Headphone with 20H Playtime
boAt Rockerz 600 Bluetooth headphones have 450mAh battery that gives you up to 20 Hrs of non-stop entertainment.
These Bluetooth headphones come 40mm drivers for Extra Bass and enthralling music experience.
You also get an option to use Aux wire for wired connection in case battery is low for un-interrrupted music listening.
The plush ear cushions are soft on your ears that ensure longer music listening without giving ear pain.
- For warranty and product related queries please contact us at +912249461882
- Get ready to plug into the immersive audio bliss with premium headphones having 40mm dynamic drivers to propel the vibe
- The ergonomically designed Rockerz 610 offers its unrivalled style and superior user comfort with the faux leather plush ear cushions
- Stay plugged into your sound for extended hours with the powerful 450mAh battery that offers a playback bliss of up to 20 hours
- The compact and foldable earcups with the lightweight build compliments the portability so that you may carry your sound anywhere
Pros of boAt Rockerz 610 Bluetooth Headphone
- 40 mm drivers for deep bass and clear sound
- Plush cushions for soft touch on ears
- Connectivity range of up to 10 meter
- Dual Wireless and wired option available
Cons of boAt Rockerz 610 Bluetooth Headphone
- Noise isolation isn’t great
Best Wired Headphones in India 2020
Sennheiser HD 206 507364 Headphones
Sennheiser HD 206 comes with crisp bass and clear sound. These are lightweight and easy to wear for longer durations.
High-quality leatherette ear pads provide optimum comfot to your ears. Sennheiser HD 206 heapphones have a rugged body making it ideal for regular use.
YOu also get Sennheiser’s 2 years warranty.
- Powerful sound reproduction; Rich and crisp bass response
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear; Good attenuation of ambient noise
- High-quality leatherette ear pads; Gold-plated 1/4″ (6.3 mm) jack adaptor
- Frequency response (Headphones)- 21 – 18000 Hz. Sound pressure level (SPL) 108 dB (SPL)
- Cable length:3 metre. Weight: 215 grams. Weight without cable: 165 grams
Pros of Sennheiser HD 206 507364 Headphones
- Balanced sound
- Comfortable ear-cups for longer wear
- Gold plated 6.3mm jack adaptor
- 2 year warranty
Cons of Sennheiser HD 206 507364 Headphones
- Not ideal if you are a deep bass lover
Which Headphone should You go for – Wired or Wireless
You have got the clarity of both headphone types but if you are still not able to decide, let me conclude this article with lifestyles in which wired or wireless headphones are best suited for.
Wired Headphones are ideal for
If you are an audiophile and don’t’ want to sacrifice the sound quality, then you should go with wired headphones
If you work in the music industry like being a DJ, musician, or have a similar profile, then you should stay with wired headphones to get optimum quality music.
If you are in a steady job where you need headphones while at work, you can go with wired headphones because the amount you would spend on wireless headphones, you can get extra features like noise cancellation in your wired headset to avoid office chitchat while working.
If you are a hardcore gamer, you can’ t bear sound lag during your gaming session. A wired headphone will provide you lag-free sound transmission at a cheaper price range.
Wireless Headphones are ideal for
If you have to travel for your work daily, you can avoid wire tangling on the go and use a wireless headphone instead to have peace of mind.
If you love to enjoy music while your workout sessions in gym or while you doing yoga or have a run on the treadmill, you need wireless headphones to enjoy movement free workout sessions as wired headphones are prone to catch with equipment or you may feel uncomfortable while moving your body your headphone wire is getting stretched.
If you have active lifestyle in which you have to go around a lot like a homemaker with a small baby, then a wireless headphone helps you listen to music while completing your domestic chores without any stress of wires getting caught with hand blender when you are making a smoothie for your kid.
FAQs on Wired vs Wireless Headphones
Which one you should chose wired vs wireless headphones?
It totally depends on you. But if you are running an studio or any thing which need high precision in that case you should opt for wired headphones. If you want portability and movability then you can go for wireless headphones.
That’s all guys… Now you have a clear idea about which one is ideal for you a wired or a wireless headphone.
Going with wired or wirefree, all depends on the personal preference. What is your preference, please let me know in the comments.