A pulse oximeter is a device that is usually placed on a fingertip. It uses light beams to estimate the oxygen saturation of the blood and the pulse rate. Oxygen saturation gives information about the amount of oxygen carried in the blood. Pulse Oximeter is a very useful device in tracking your oxygen level while dealing with Covid-19 virus. You can find some best pulse oximeters with price in India below.
For people with COPD, asthma, Congestive Heart Failure and other Heart-related conditions, pulse oximetry is a technology used to measure the oxygen levels in your blood and your heart rate. Apart from these patients, this device is also useful for mountain climbers, athletes, pilots and all the persons who go on high altitude areas. Hence to get accurate information about your heart condition you should buy the best pulse oximeter.
In a study found that cardiac arrest kills more Indians around 26 % than any other disease in India in 2016. Hence in certain emergency conditions, Pulse Oximeter plays an important role in saving the patient’s life by giving information about his/her heart conditions. Hence choosing the pulse oximeter is as important as choosing a good life partner.
Also, while Buying a pulse Oximeter you may have many questions in your mind like:
- Do I really need a pulse oximeter?
- What is the use of pulse oximeter?
- What is pulse oximeter?
- What is the importance of pulse oximeter?
- Which Is the Best pulse oximeter in India?
So, here we have taken care of all the important facts and information that you need to under and get yourself a pulse oximeter in this time and situation.
Also See: Top 8 Best BP Monitor Machines in India 2022
What is a Pulse Oximeter?
Pulse oximeter is used to measure the Oxygen saturation level in your blood and also it is able to show your pulse rate and the level of oxygen flowing in your lungs.
What is the importance of pulse oximeter?
A pulse oximeter will tell your oxygen saturation level so that you can be aware of your body’s internal situation. Most of the young people are not aware about what is going inside their body because they gave high immunity level. This device is also good for many old and middle age people too. Most of the asthma patients face breathing problem and this device is one of the most important things for them too.
Why do you need a Pulse oximeter?
A pulse Oximeter is a really important device that you should have. Most of the young people have strong immunity and hence they have the least idea about whether they are affected by any virus or not and hence they may have less oxygen in their body which may lead to Hypoxia and can cause severe health issue and even death as well.
Because of that if you have an oximeter with yourself then you can check the level of Oxygen saturation level in your body. And if the reading shows below 80% for oxygen saturation then it is highly advised to consult your doctor as quickly as possible.
Best Pulse Oximeters for Home Use in India 2022
In India, there are many local brands available in the market which are useless and are copying the design of pulse oximeters of other reputed brands hence it becomes difficult to choose the best pulse oximeter for home use in India. But in this article, we did a comprehensive research on the best pulse oximeters for home use in India so that you can choose one of them easily.
But before choosing the pulse oximeter we argue you read the buying guide for best pulse oximeter for home use in India in 2022. In this buying guide, we explain all the things that you should consider before buying a pulse oximeter from the market.
List of Best Pulse Oximeters in India
|Dr Trust (Usa) Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter with Audio Visual Alarm||Buy on Amazon|
|Hesley Pulse Oximeter Fingertip||Buy on Amazon|
|HealthSense Accu-Beat FP 910 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter||Buy on Amazon|
|MEDITIVE Fingertip Pulse Oximeter||Buy on Amazon|
|DR VAKU® Louis Series BM1000 Pulse Oximeter||Buy on Amazon|
|BPL Smart Oxy Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter||Buy on Amazon|
|DR VAKU DS301 Swadesi Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter||Buy on Amazon|
1. Dr Trust Professional Series Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter
Promoting good health and wellness through its products, Dr Trust products always have the support of leading technology that doctors, healthcare professionals and home users trust in them. So the first on the list is a Series Finger TipPulse Oximeter from Dr Trust. This newly upgraded Dr Trust finger pulse oximeter is an affordable and accurate way to check pulse rates and blood oxygen saturation levels. This is one of the best pulse oximeters available for medical professionals.
This pulse oximeter from Dr trust determines your blood oxygen saturation level, perfusion index, respiratory rate, pulse rate and pulse bar graph accurately. Designed to withstand an accidental splash of water and many more features.
Let us talk about all of its features,
- Simple one-button allows for easy operation.
- Small and portable size makes it easy to handle and carry.
- Accurate, fast and reliable measurements of SPO2, Pulse Rate, Perfusion Index, Respiratory Rate which will very useful if patients condition is very critical or to prevent from Hypoxia which is common in athletes, piolets, mountain climbers or people who go to high altitude areas.
- Shows real-time reading in just 6 seconds.
- Comes with highly advanced and large Multidirectioal OLED screen display enabling to take measurements even in the darkroom.
- High-quality ABS material is used.
- Hypoallergenic latex-free material makes the chamber anti-allergic for the people with sensitive skin.
- Fingertip is soft and easy to apply on different body parts and a wide range of finger sizes.
- Design to withstand an accidental splash of water making it water-resistant, not waterproof.
- Comes with adjustable settings of the display, brightness and other parameters.
- The buzzing alarm used to notify you. you can adjust the alarm settings as per your convenience.
- It requires 2AAA alkaline batteries and indicates when the battery is low.
- Gives a very low perfusion index of 0.2%.
- Anti-motion artifact and screen rotation in four directions.
- The company gives 1-year manufacturer’s warranty for the product.
- Easy operation
- Easy to carry
- Useful for pilots and athletes for instant readings.
- Works fine with all age group
- Painless application
- Could be more durable.
2. BPL Medical Technologies BPL Smart Oxy Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter
Second in our list is BPL Smart Oxy Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter. BPL is providing quality precision measuring instruments in the field of medical technology. This BPL pulse oximeter has six display modes and four direction display. It measures the blood oxygen level, pulse rate and perfusion index graph. The finger pulse oximeter has a technology to detect the changes in your blood oxygen level to check how well your heart is pumping O2 through your body.
Key Features –
- With the minimum deviation of +/-2%, it measures the O2 Concentration in blood and with a minimum deviation of +/- 2 bpm it measures the pulse rate.
- With smart oxy’s colour OLED screen with 4 directional screen display, anyone can easily read the readings on it.
- Battery operated, 2 AAA batteries required.
- Has user-configured alarms which provide visual clarity and convenience to the user.
- Auto power-off function when it not in use.
- The company provides a 1-year of warranty from the date of purchase.
- Easily operated
- User-friendly design
- Larger display
- Made in India product.
- Quality could be even better
Best Pulse Oximeter under 2000 INR
3. Beurer Pulse Oximeter PO-30
This pulse oximeter PO-30 from the Beurer is the lightweight device which is used to monitor oxygen saturation level, heart rate (pulse frequency) of the patient. This small and easy to carry device is perfect for the heart patients, athletes, pilots, mountain climbers and all the persons who go on high altitude. The compact size of this oximeter makes it easy to use in our daily routine.
- Can determine the Oxygen saturation level in the blood, pulse rate with accuracy.
- It is a non-invasive tool attaches your fingertip painlessly to give accurate and precise readings.
- Equipped with an LED screen that displays the readings clearly with vibrant colours.
- Automatically shut down when not in use, hence saving battery.
- Operates entirely on digital technologies.
- The compact and battery-powered device which requires 2 AAA batteries.
- Made up of high-quality material making it durable.
- Fingertip clip is flexible hence any type of finger can get easily fit in it.
- Comfortable to use and carry with you while travelling.
- The company provides a 1-year warranty on the product.
- Lightweight device
- Simple for everyday routine.
- Easy to use
- No PI reading.
- No inbuilt memory.
4. Concord Sapphire Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
Next pulse oximeter in the list is Concord Sapphire Fingertip Pulse Oximeter. This pulse oximeter gives quick and accurate readings of blood oxygen saturation, pulse rate and pulse strength. Let’s talk about its features,
- Gives quick and accurate readings of SpO2, Pulse rate, and Pulse strength.
- Perfect for adult and pediatric use.
- Comes with carrying case, neck/wrist lanyard, shock resistant protective cover and reusable custom foam-padded box.
- 2-way rotating display.
- Has auto power-off function which shut off the device after 8 seconds when the finger is removed.
- Requires 2 AAA batteries giving 30 hours of use time.
- The low battery indicator will notify you before batteries stop working.
- The company provides 2 years of warranty on this product.
- Easy and efficient to use
- Good after-sales service.
- Not much durable.
5. Newnik Pulse Oximeter
Last in our list is Newnik Pulse Oximeter PX701 which is useful in taking readings of SpO2, pulse rate(PR) and pulse strength(PI), Plethysmogram. All you need is a few seconds you can easily check these levels anytime. This pulse oximeter is certified from FDA and CE making it reliable and accurate.
Let’s take a look at its features,
- Quick, accurate and easy to use
- Gives instant readings of Oxygen saturation level in the blood, heart rate, pulse strength, Plethysmogram.
- Has 4 directional dual coloured OLED screen which clearly shows the data.
- Requires 2 AAA batteries as a power source and has low battery indication.
- Each device is tested and approved by the FDE and CE to use.
- Auto on and off feature.
- Provides stability against the motion while taking readings.
- Reading at extremely low signal situation and no pulse beat situation.
- It is water-resistant so that it can work fine even if it get accidental splashes of water. But it won’t work deep inside the water. Remember it is water-resistant not waterproof.
- Comes with customizable buzzer and alarms.
- The company provides a 1-year of warranty on this product.
- Easy to use
- Easy to carry
- Certified by FDE and CE
- Customizable alarms
- Alarm sound not very loud.
- Not preferable for continuous reading.
2. Hesley Pulse Oximeter Fingertip (best oximeter for home)
- You Accurately determine your spo2 level
- You can check your Heart Beat rate
- It also shows level of Oxygen flowing into your lungs
- Also, it comes with a bright LED display
This is another Best pulse oximeter in India that you can buy for home use. The design of this pulse is just amazing. It has a big bright display to check the information that is displaying about your body.
Also, the accuracy of this pulse oximeter is just insane. It is able to show the most accurate reading.
Also, this is device is one of the highest rated pulse oximeters in this list.
Apart from all of that this is a really good pulse oximeter that you can buy for yourself and your family as well.
Best Pulse Oximeter in India under 1500 INR
Oximeter prices in India vary from 300INR to 1500INR. So the following pulse oximeter prices in India are based on the research from various products online.
HealthSense Accu-Beat FP 910 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
- Medical grade silicon finger chamber is allergen & latex free
- Hassle free single button operation controls device
- Auto Sleep Mode after 8 seconds of inactivity
- 4 direction OLED screen with Optical Detection
- Accurately measures & displays SpO2, Pulse Rate, Perfusion Index & Plethysmograph within 8 sec
This is another best oximeter in India that you can buy for home use in India. Also, this device is made in India.
The quality of this device is just amazing. The reading that it shows are pretty accurate.
We tried to match the accuracy of the first 3 device and all of them have high accuracy.
This device is able to calculate Oxygen level in your blood, Heartbeat, level of oxygen flowing in your lungs easily and pretty much with high accuracy.
So, if u want to go with this one then I have to say that it will be a good decision for you without any doubt.
MEDITIVE Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
- Accurately determine your SpO2
- Also Displays pulse rate and Respiratory Rate (RR)
- It has a large digital OLED display
- Includes 2 X AAA Batteries
- Auto Power On & Off, Water-Resistant, Buzzer- Visual Alarm
This is one of the bestselling pulse oximeters in India. The quality of this of oximeter is so good that you will love it.
This oximeter has an additional feature that most of the oximeter does not have and that is Respiratory rate Frequency. This feature will help you to see at what rate you are breathing which is really important to know.
Also, apart from that you will be able to read your oxygen level in your blood, your heart beat rate and perfusion index.
DR VAKU Louis Series BM1000 Pulse Oximeter
- Adjustable display brightness.
- Pulse Rate are beyond set limits
- Blood SpO2 Oxygen Saturation Arterial Haemoglobin Levels
- Also measures your perfusion index
- It can measure your heart beat as well.
Dr VAKU’s oximeter are one of the best in this list. This oximeter is the latest and improved version that they released earlier.
Right now, if you think that you want the Best oximeter under 1000 in India then my friend, I have to say that this one is the best one that you should go for.
The built quality of this oximeter is good also the accuracy of this pulse oximeter is quite good as compared to the previous version.
We have listed the earlier version below because it is one of the most highly rated pulse oximeters that you can also go for without any issue.
- Advanced dual OLED display technology
- You can see Pulse Rate bar graph and Plethysmograph
- Can accurately determine your SpO2
- Fast SpO2 readings, pulse measurements
- Light and compact
This oximeter is made in India. This oximeter has all the necessary features that are important to check the blood O2 level and heart rate as well.
The accuracy of this oximeter may differ by ± 2% so u can simply see that it is not 100% accurate. You will get the nearest value of your heart beat and oxygen saturation level.
Apart from that everything is good. It is cheap and you can simply go for it.
DR VAKU DS301 Swadesi Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter
- Accurately determine your spo2
- Pulse measurements and display it
- Rotatable multidirectional display
- Does not have perfusion index reading
- Does not have respiratory rate reading
This is the previous version of the Dr Vaku oximeter. This is the best Cheap Oximeter in India that you can go for. Also, it is one of the top-rated cheap oximeters in India for home use.
We can say that it does the job what it is supposed to do. Definitely it does not have all the important and necessary functions like perfusion index and Respiratory frequency rate.
This oximeter can only measure pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation level.
If you want the best oximeter in India for home use under 1000 than you can simply go with this one.
Control D Bluetooth Digital SpO2 & Pulse Measurement Pulse Oximeter
Contro D Pulse Oximeter is compatible with bluetooth and you can sync data with mobile.
Measures Oxygen Concentration SpO2 in the range 35 – 100% Accuracy: +/- 2%)
Pulse Rate Range 25 – 250 bpm with Accuracy: +/- 2bpm
Mievida Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter
Mievida Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter is FDA & CE Approved with OLED Display, Hi or Low Spo2, Pulse Rate Indicator with Visual Alarm and Auto Power Off Feature. This Oximeter is one the highest rated in oximeter in India
AmbiTech High Accuracy Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
AmbiTech High Accuracy Fingertip Pulse Oximeter, SpO2, Perfusion Index with OLED Display (Made in India-Black)
Cheapest Pulse Oximeter
SHOPTOSHOP Oximeter, Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitors with Pulse Rate Measurements and Pulse Bar Graph, Digital Reading LED Display (White)
These were some of the best pulse oximeters in India you can buy online for a price range of 300 to 1500 INR. You can check their prices and ratings online for your satisfaction.
Best Pulse Oximeters for Home use in India 2022 – Buying Guide
Using a pulse oximeter you can easily monitor medical conditions like your heart rate, blood flow, and oxygen saturation level in the comfort of your home so it should be very accurate. Hence it is very important to select a device that shows correct details. Therefore make sure that you should consider all the factors that we mentioned below.
Accuracy is the most important factor that you should consider before purchasing any gadget or equipment and in the case of a pulse oximeter, it is even more important as it measures heart rate, blood flow, oxygen saturation level. Hence to diagnose them perfectly your pulse oximeter should be accurate.
You should check for error percentage perfusion index of the oximeter. Remember that it is better to have oximeter with lower perfusion index. Hence it is best to buy the oximeter from reputed brands with your doctor’s advice.
Display and readability –
The oximeter is a small device hence technically it has a small display to show the data. Hence to opt for an oximeter with a larger display and have different ways of arranging data so that you can choose an arrangement you are comfortable with.
The next thing to consider before buying an oximeter is the screen type of device. The screen of the oximeter should be crystal clear so that you will get the right information about your health.
Nowadays most of the oximeters come with backlit display and various colour combinations. This feature gives you the flexibility to choose the combination you like. While some of the oximeter models come with brightness adjustment feature so that you can take the readings under any lighting conditions.
Hence we would suggest you choose the display which comes with different backlit and colour combinations.
Warning System and Alarms –
Warning systems and Alarms play an important role in taking perfect and good readings. All the oximeters come with warning systems but the main question is what type of warning systems does an oximeter has? Almost all the oximeter comes with an audio warning system which has pre-set or customizable warning limits.
Mainly there are 3 warning systems that you should check for, Irregular heartbeat, Low SpO2 and Low battery.
Response Time –
Generally, the oximeter takes around 30 seconds to show the readings it takes but the modern oximeters take around 10 seconds to display the readings. However, there is not much gap in the results. 30 seconds is not a big-time so it is not a big deal.
Durability is also one of the most important factors when buying a pulse oximeter. A durable device can easily withstand a shock if accidentally dropped. Generally, the durable device can bear any kinds of shock easily, they can work fine even if they get in contact with water. Most of the times incorrect reading or device failure is caused due to the humidity.
Oximeter gives you the reading of your medical condition hence not buying a durable oximeter will put your life at risk.
Silicon covers are used in some oximeters to protect them against scratches or damages caused while using it while in some oximeters ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) is used which makes them even more durable.
If you have any health problems, you should check your health regularly. Even if you are on vacation or travelling, you need to take readings of blood flow, pulse rate, oxygen saturation level in the blood, etc. So the oximeter you are going to buy should have a powerful battery so that you will not have any difficulty in using it in case of emergency.
To take your readings all the time you should go for a model that has lithium batteries that are rechargeable mostly even though they are costly or you can buy a cheaper model which can provide at least 30 hours of working.
Persons who always need to monitor their heart rate, blood flow or O2 saturation in the blood usually carry an oximeter with them or even some sportsperson also keep it with them. Hence, in this case, the oximeter should be easy to carry and can be easily put in your bag or pocket.
Ensure that the oximeter you are going to purchase is lightweight and easy to carry. Most of the brands give a pouch or case to store the oximeter.
Additional Features –
Although this is not an important factor in choosing the oximeter it makes a direct impact on the performance of the oximeter and makes it user-friendly gadget.
- Auto Shut off – This feature will help in saving the battery of the oximeter getting it down when it is not in used for a certain amount of time. This feature will improve the battery life of the oximeter.
- History Auto Saving – This feature will help you to keep track of your medical condition from time to time. You can check your previous records easily and compare them with your current readings. So in that way you can keep checking the status of your health regularly.
Price and Brand –
Make sure to purchase an oximeter from a reputed brand instead of a local brand. Reputed brands gives good after-sales service, they have a good reputation and have the excellent built quality and many more.
Generally, you can get a good quality oximeter within the price range Rs. 2000 – Rs. 5000. Price may fluctuate due to new launches in the market. The more advanced models might cost a bit more as they provide more features and has good build quality.
Choose the product that has good warranty and customer support service with easy return policies. Hence you should prefer to buy the product from the company which provides a good warranty period. The standard warranty period for the oximeter is 6 months to 1 year but some manufacturers provide more warranty period.
FAQ Pulse Oximeters for Home use in India
How much does a pulse oximeter cost in India?
It may cost around 500-1000 INR in general.
Which Pulse Oximeter is best in India?
As such there is no such pulse oximeter which can be ideally best, however you can cehck this one Hensly Pulse Oximeter which have got good rating.
Where can I buy oximeter in India?
You can buy from flipkart, amazon, healthkart, etc
How much pulse rate is normal in oximeter?
According to the Mayo Clinic, normal pulse oximeter readings usually range from 95 to 100 percent. Values under 90 percent are considered low, and indicate the need for supplemental oxygen.
How can I increase oxygen in my body?
Get fresh air. Open your windows and go outside.
Drink water. In order to oxygenate and expel carbon dioxide, our lungs need to be hydrated and drinking enough water, therefore, influences oxygen levels.
Eat iron-rich foods.
Train your breathing.
which finger is best for pulse oximeter?
Although it is not a new technology but to increase the reliability of readings new inventions and many advances have been introduced in them since 1980. In the study conducted in 2015, it is observed that the middle finger of the right hand gives the best accuracy followed by the thumb of the same hand.
What does PR mean on pulse oximeter?
A pulse oximeter is used to measure blood flow, O2 saturation in the blood and other heart-related readings. Now PR means Pulse Rating that is the number of times your heart beats per minute.
Does it measure CO2 Retention in blood?
It measures the only Oxygen level in Blood and Pulse Rate, it does not measure CO2 retention in blood.
Are pulse oximeters accurate?
Almost all the oximeters of reputed brands give accurate readings. But still, there could be a precision of +2% to -2%. However, there are some factors such as if the person has paint on his/her nails, artificial nails, has cold hands or has poor circulation, that could affect the accuracy of the oximeter.
What is good resting heart rate (RHR) by age?
For 3 to 4 years age it is 80 to 120 bpm, 5 to 6 years age it is 75 to 115 bpm, 7 to 9 years age it is 70 to 100 bpm and for 10+ years age, it is 60 to 100 bpm.
What are the 2 readings on a pulse oximeter?
Pulse oximetry measures the amount of oxygen being carried in your blood, as a percentage. The measurement is taken at the finger using a Pulse Oximeter. This measurement is known as the Sp02 – the saturation of peripheral oxygen – and it is an estimate of the Sa02 – the saturations of arterial oxygen.
Is 94 a good oxygen level?
An ideal oxygen level is between 96% and 99% and an ideal heart rate is between 50 and 90 beats per minute (bpm). The oxygen level may be lower in some people with lung conditions, even when they are feeling well
Can a pulse oximeter detect shortness of breath?
If you have a symptom of shortness of breath or a known lung or heart condition, your doctor may recommend use of a pulse oximeter. The pulse oximeter, or Pulse Ox, is an electronic device that measures the saturation of oxygen carried in your red blood cells.
Which is the Best Pulse Oximeter In India?
Hesley Pulse Oximeter Fingertip is the best pulse oximeter in India.
Which is the Best Pulse Oximeter under 1000 In India?
DR VAKU DS301 Swadesi Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter is the best pulse oximeter under 1000 Rs in India. Check Price
Finally, we suggest going for a pulse oximeter from branded companies. Since this is a health-related product, the quality of the product should not be compromised. Everyone’s home should have at least one pulse oximeter. It is suitable for all types of people.
This was an important article on the best pulse oximeter in India for home or personal use. In this covid era where health is more important, you need the best oximeter for monitoring your oxygen levels. You can also check out the best bp monitor for measuring blood pressure.