It is not a good sign for people who might be waiting for the lockdown to end in India. Not that that people are curious to know when lockdown will end in India i.e. (lockdown kab khulega Indian me). Lockdown 3.0 to Start from 4th May, while Nationwide lockdown continues for 2 More weeks after 4th.
- 1 Lockdown end date in India
- 1.1 Key points for 3rd Lockdown Phase
- 1.2 Why the lockdown has increased for another two weeks?
- 1.3 How was it decided to increase the lockdown?
- 1.4 What will Open and What is restricted in Lockdown 3.0?
- 1.5 When Will Lock Down End in India?
- 1.6 How many districts in Red Zone?
- 1.7 How many districts are there in Orange Zone?
- 1.8 Number of Districts in Green Zone
Lockdown end date in India
There is a little good news though, the Lockdown Extended for another two weeks. Lockdown 3.0 will apply from 4th of May 2020. There are some major relaxations given as well as owning to the condition if the districts or place coming under three zones. Namely, Red Zone which is most critical and no relaxation is given. Lockdown will be the same as it was. Another category is Orange and Green Zone where relaxation is eased too much extent than red zone.
Key points for 3rd Lockdown Phase
However, this third round of lockdown has brought major changes. This time small concessions are being given, but big restrictions are being maintained as before. Trains, flights, schools, colleges, shopping malls and religious places will remain closed, but discounts will be available for different zones. People will be able to get out of the houses during the day, but those who are not in essential services, will not be able to move on the roads between 7 to 7 in the evening. That is, if you are going out, then return home before 7 pm.
Why the lockdown has increased for another two weeks?
The number of Corona cases were doubled in the last 4 days of When first lockdown was to end on 25th March so it was extended to keep the situation under control and avoid community spread. In the second phase of Lockdown, the cases showed doubling in 11 days. The recovery rate was around 13% in the last 14 days, which has been increased to 25%. That is good news regarding control of Corona Cases. However, the government does not want to lose this success in controlling Corona.
How will Lockdown end?
As of now, there is no official news from government to completely end the lockdown. But it is sure that instead of removing the restrictions at once, the Government is slowly trying to ease the process in batch and zone wise which will help to keep track as well as the situation away from getting grim.
The first round of lockdown was from 25 March to 15 April. It was later extended to 3 May which is the second round of lockdown. Meanwhile, shops were discounted on April 20 and April 25, but malls-markets shall remain closed.
How was it decided to increase the lockdown?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi held video conferencing with the Chief Ministers last Monday. Out of the 9 chief ministers involved, 6 were in favour of increasing the lockdown. Then on Friday morning, the Health Ministry released a list of 733 districts across the country. It highlighted that 130 districts are in the Red Zone, 284 districts in the Orange Zone and 319 districts are in the Green Zone. Then there was a meeting of ministers led by the Prime Minister. In this, it was decided to increase the lockdown. In the evening, the Ministry of Home Affairs also issued orders under the Disaster Management Act 2005.
What will Open and What is restricted in Lockdown 3.0?
Will trains, buses, flights and means of transport be fully started?
The answer is no. International and passenger flights will remain closed. All passenger trains will remain closed. Only those trains will be allowed by the Ministry of Home Affairs which are either servicing good or Like special trains have started for labourers between some states.
Metro services will remain closed. Road movement from one state to another will not be possible. However, cabs, taxis will be able to ply in the Orange Zone. Buses with 50% passengers including cabs, taxis can also run in the Green Zone.
These restrictions are applicable from the day of public curfew, will remain in force till May 17
- Schools, colleges, education, training, coaching institutes will remain closed.
- Hotels, restaurants, cinema halls, shopping malls, gyms, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theaters, bars, auditoriums will remain closed.
- There will be a ban on the organization of all kinds of political, religious, cultural and social events.
- Religious places will also remain closed. The gathering will be stopped for religious purposes.
- Those who are not in essential services will not be able to move on the roads from 7 to 7 in the evening.
- People older than 65 years, pregnant women, children below 10 years will not be allowed to move out.
- There will be absolutely no permission to go from one district to another.
- If a state is completely in the green zone, then the local administration there may allow it to move from one district to another.
What will be open in the country?
- Liquor, paan and tobacco shops will be opened, but there will not be more than 5 people to gather at one time and will have to maintain a distance of 6 feet between people.
- All shops selling goods will be open except for shopping malls. These include neighbourhood shops, fruit, milk, vegetable and grocery shops.
- There will be all activities related to agriculture and animal husbandry.
- Banks, finance companies, insurance and capital market activity will continue. Anganwadi work will also continue.
- Drugs, pharma, medical devices, jute industry will continue in print and electronic media, IT sector, data and call centres, cold storage, private security services, manufacturing unit. But here the rules of social distancing have to be followed.
What will change in the Red Zone?
- The red zone is the district where corona has the highest number of cases and where the rate of doubling of new cases is also highest.
- In such red zones, cycle rickshaws, auto rickshaws, taxis, cabs, bus movement, hair salons, spas, shopping malls will remain closed.
- Going out of the four wheeler, more than 2 people will not be able to sit except the driver.
- No one will be able to sit on the back seat on a two wheeler.
- Industrial and construction work will be possible in the villages. Work will be allowed under MNREGA. Food processing units, brick kilns will be opened.
- Most commercial and private institutions will be able to open. These include print, electronic media, IT services.
What will change in the Orange Zone?
- Orange zone i.e. those districts where no new cases of corona have been reported since last 14 days.
- Taxi and cabs will be allowed in the Orange Zone. However, the condition will be that only 1 driver and 2 passengers will be able to sit in it.
- Movement of people and vehicles from one district to another will be possible only for those activities, which are allowed.
- The four wheeler will allow 1 driver and 2 passengers.
What will change in the green zone?
- Buses will be exempt, but only 50% passengers will be able to sit in one bus. The bus depot will operate with 50% capacity.
- Cabs and cabs will be allowed along with 1 driver and 2 passengers. Two people will be able to sit on a two-wheeler.
- Permission has to be obtained for any program. Only a limited number of people will be able to participate in the program.
- All types of activities will be allowed, but it will be necessary to follow social distancing.
When Will Lock Down End in India?
It is expected to end on 17th May.
How many districts in Red Zone?
There are 130 districts are in the Red Zone.
How many districts are there in Orange Zone?
There are 284 districts in the Orange Zone
Number of Districts in Green Zone
319 districts are in the Green Zone.
The lockdown has been extented with some relaxation but we suggest you to not do any mass movement which could trouble you. Please follow the guidelines. Check out this Immunity Booster tips and follow the lockdown to protect yourself, our family from Covid-19.