“An apple a day keeps doctor away.” I think most of us have heard this saying in our childhood and personally my mom always use to say this because me and my brother did not like to eat apples.
One thing that me and my brother and most of the Indians love is to drink tea. So, my mom use to combine apple with antioxidant-rich tea so that her children get the nutrients from apple and cinnamon.
Apple tea is one of the staple drinks of Turkey and is enjoyed even with a meal. The tea gets its aroma from cinnamon and its essence is very pleasant, woodsy and welcoming.
Apple cinnamon tea health benefits
1. Boosts Immunity: Apple tea contains good amounts of vitamin C, which is seeped out into the boiling water when apple slices are dunked in it. A good immune system is crucial for effective weight loss.
2. Fights Cholesterol: The fibre and antioxidant polyphenols present in apple pulp and the skin may help lower the levels of low density lipoprotein (LDL) or bad cholesterol from the blood and, hence, promote fat burn.
3. Boosts Digestion: A healthy digestive system is linked to better weight loss and apple tea may help boost digestion because apples have good amounts of soluble fibre in them. Soluble fibre is also known to be great for weight loss. Apples also have malic acid, which ensures a healthy digestive system.
4. Regulates Blood Sugar: Apples have natural sugars in the form of fructose, as well as antioxidants, which improve metabolic balance and also regulate levels of blood sugar. It prevents any sudden rise or fall in levels of blood sugar, eliminating the need for you to eat more often.
How to prepare Apple cinnamon tea
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking Time : 10 mins
Serves: 2 cups
Water – 2 cups
Apple – 1 sliced
Green Tea – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon Stick – 1 medium sized stick
Ginger – 3 cm piece chopped
Honey to taste
Lemon Juice to taste
• Take water, cinnamon, green tea, apple and ginger in a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil. Cover and simmer the pot for 5-10 mins.
• Strain it and add honey and lemon juice.
• Serve hot.
People allergic to apple should obviously avoid this drink. If you are pregnant then brew the apples in decaffeinated tea as caffeine is not advised in pregnancy.