The United Nations General Assembly has designated May 21 as International Tea Day based on a proposal moved by India at the FAO Intergovernmental Group (IGG) on Tea in October 2015.
Some Intesting Fact of Tea
Tea is an aromatic beverage commonly prepared by pouring hot or boiling water over cured leaves of the Camellia sinensis, an evergreen shrub native to East Asia. After water, it is the most widely consumed drink in the world.
Masala Chai | Masala tea ☕ Recipe
You are one step away from feeling warm with chai. A friend, a healer and a companion – Chai is synonymous with so many emotions.
People love drinking coffee, but for me, and a lot of Indians, nothing can replace a good-old cup of chai. Each family has their own version of making tea.
This recipe shows how to make masala chai when you do not have masala tea powder. Here in this masala chai recipe, I am sharing my method of preparing tea. But the recipe can be changed as per your liking. Today is international tea day so I am going to share with you all a cup of masala tea.
Ingredients for Masala Chai:
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoon sugar or add as per taste
- 2 teaspoon tea tata tea gold
- ¼ cup milk or add as per taste
- ½ inch cinnamon (dalchini)
- 2 to 3 green cardamoms
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 bay leaf
Instructions while Making Tea:
- Take 1/2 inch cinnamon, 2 to 3 green cardamoms, 2 cloves and 1-inch ginger in a mortar-pestle. Crush coarsely and keep aside.
- In a saucepan or a small pan with a handle, heat 2 cups water (250 ml). Let the water come to a boil and then add the crushed spices and bay leaf Boil the spices along with the water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add sugar as per taste. I usually add 4 teaspoons of raw sugar. You can add more or less.
- Now add 2 teaspoon tata tea gold (ANY brand or non-brand tea, We had this so named it).
- Boil for a minute. This boiling time depends on how strong you want your tea. If you prefer a strong intense tea, then boil for a few more minutes.
- Add milk. After adding milk boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the tea through a tea strainer directly in the cup.
Serve masala chai hot with some Indian snacks or Indian cookies or biscuits. But I l am fond of tea cakes with tea or homemade cookies. Do comment what you feel.
Congratulations Dear Shatakchhi!!
Comments are closed.