Webcam became a utility in 2020 with the advent of Pandemic when your office meetings and classes were held online virtually. Hence choosing the best webcam for PC and laptops remains a daunting task. We hence in this Pro News Zone’s Tech Gadgets guide brought the best webcams for pc desktop laptops which you can buy online in India.
Why we need a web camera? The main reason for a webcam in the modern generation is make communication better with the people.
Can you imagine your life without any video calling or conference in 2022 with your friends, colleagues and relatives who are not just settled in a faraway place and countries but also in quite a distance from you? The online classes and the office video calls.
The near ones who are staying abroad cannot be seen in real-time mode in front of you unless you use the webcam.
Likewise in case of phone we already have a decent camera these days, but what about our laptop it comes with low quality camera and our PC don’t even have a camera. Thus getting an external webcam can be a good options. You can get these webcams as low as 500 INR and a decent webcam for laptop and pc will cost around 1500 to 2000 Rs.
We will here discuss the best webcams and how the different models differ in features so you can pick the right choice.
- 1 Top 10 Webcam for Laptop in India
- 1.1 1. Logitech C920 PRO
- 1.2 2. Logitech C922 PRO
- 1.3 Comparison between Logitech C920 vs C922 Pro
- 1.4 3. Microsoft Lifecam HD 3000
- 1.5 4. AUSDOM AW615 12.0M 1080P HD USB Webcam with Microphone for Laptop Desktop
- 1.6 5. HP w300 1080P 30 FPS FHD Webcam with Built-in Dual Digital Mic
- 1.7 6. Logitech C930-E Full HD 1080p/30fps Video Calling, Light Correction, Autofocus
- 1.8 7. Microsoft Lifecam VX-5000
- 1.9 8. Microsoft LifeCam Studio 1080p HD Webcam (Q2F-00013)
- 1.10 9. Logitech C270 Digital HD Webcam with Widescreen HD Video Calling
- 1.11 10. Razer Kiyo Streaming Webcam
- 2 Webcam Buying Guide in India – How to choose the best webcam in India for Laptop and PC?
- 3 FAQs on Best Webcam for PC and Laptops in India
Top 10 Webcam for Laptop in India
The market of the webcam is mostly dominated by Logitech, thus you can seriously think of this brand while purchasing the new webcam. However, there are several models of Logitech along with other popular brands, so you can check the parameters of the best-sold webcams in the market from below:
- Make a strong impression in your video conference calls with Logitech C920, featuring a diagonal, fixed 78-degree field of view to frame you and your space in full HD at 1080p/30fps or 720p/30fps.
- Two microphones capture more realistic sound from a broader range of angles so your voice comes through sounding natural and clear in conference calls, zoom meetings, video recordings and more.
- Unleash your creativity with Logitech’s Capture app, allowing you to easily create, record, and customize settings with a suite of features to fully edit and customize your videos and streams.
- Use C920 HD Pro Webcam even in dim lighting thanks to Logitech RightLight 2 technology that adjusts to your lighting conditions, producing bright, contrasted images.
- The full HD five-element glass lens and premium autofocus capture razor-sharp, clear video image in consistent high definition during conference calls on Zoom, Skype and more.
This one is best for gaming or streaming on your PC. The C920 PRO is brought to you by Logitech, and it has a perfect ratio of price to performance. You will not regret buying this one. It also has good recording capability and regular video calls are also done easily with this.
When you are searching for a webcam to stream on Youtube so you can twitch and record any video on teaching courses or showing some new technique, this webcam will be your best option. You need to just put some proper light and a decent mic to go with the webcam.
A professional recording session experience will begin. This one has full HD 1080p recording ability. It also comes with H264 compression which helps with the recorded file size. The built-in dual stereo Microphones help you with the capturing of very crisp and subtle audios. Also, the face detection features secure your PC and thus you will be able to use it anywhere you wish without much worrying. The motion tracking helps you to keep everything in focus and very clear.
This webcam is of a subcategory, and yet this one is not negligible in terms of features and professionalism. However, it is somehow similar to the pre-mentioned Logitech one. The other significant differences are that this one allows the user to steam directly on Youtube or Twitch and you do not have to drag the file from any conservatory. The recording ability of the webcam is pretty good which goes up to 60 FPS in 720. This camera can shoot even in low light conditions which is a great benefit.
It comes with the background replacement technology which enables you to put any background to your live image or shoot and thus can stream in a different environment virtually. If you compare between the C922 and C920 then the C920 is better options as this one comes at a lower cost and offers almost the same video quality. Only this has 60 FPS.
The technology for green scene background removal does not work very well and thus you can buy separate software for this purpose which will work with other webcams as well.
Comparison between Logitech C920 vs C922 Pro
|HD Video Quality||1080p||1080p/ 720p|
|Field of View||78 degrees||78 degrees|
|Built-in Mics||2 omnidirectional||2 omnidirectional|
3. Microsoft Lifecam HD 3000
- True 720p HD Video – Post true HD video to online video sites.
- 16:9 Widescreen – For cinematic video recording.
- Clear, High Quality Video
- Noise Cancelling Microphone – Crystal-clear audio and built-in unidirectional microphone with acoustic noise cancellation.
- Universal Attachment Base – Work on your desktop, laptop, or notebook.
As the brand is an old and reputed one we all expect some great product coming from it. This one has also delivered some good hardware products. The webcam is the product offered at the lowest range. In comparison with a Logitech C270, this one has a wide-angle lens. But Logitech webcam has better zooming capacity. This one is Microsoft product and thus can be integrated into the window.
This one can record video. It has Truecolor technology imbibed in it and thus it has better picture quality. This camera can work quite well with Smart TVs. But in terms of resolution, this one is not so great. For the price that is quite hefty, this webcam should have higher resolution. Also, the warranty is for only a year. Buyers would expect a longer warranty period for this pricey webcam for sure.
This webcam is imported from the USA. But this imported product offers 1080p recording at the lowest price. So this is the cheapest camera which offers such great pixel range at this price. This one has a metal body which makes it a steady product. The microphone attached with this webcam is quite good and it captures the sounds quite clearly.
The reviews are good for this webcam and thus, you can be sure that it has been accepted by Indian users quite well. However, there are a few problems with this one. It has manual focus and the mount cannot take the weight of the camera properly at some certain angles. This is a definite problem while you are handling the camera. Also, you will not get any warranty for this product, as there is nothing mentioned in the paper or the packaging box of this product.
- Resolution and Frame rate: Max. 1920 x 1080P, Max. 30Fps | Focus type: fixed, Focus range: 60cm to infinity| Microphone: Dual digital mic
- 1 year manufacturer warranty on the device from the date of purchase. UVC, plug and play
- Compatible with Windows XP (SP2, SP3), Vista, 7, 8, 10, Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
- Plug and Play: No drivers needed, just plug the webcam via the USB port into the computer
- Video Calling: Get quality video streams on Zoom/Skype/Facebook Messenger/YouTube/WhatsApp/Google Hangouts/Line/Viber/WeChat
This is again another well-known brand of hardware products. The desktops and laptops of this brand are praiseworthy and have won the hearts of millions of users. They make various accessories for laptop and PC like the mouse, printer and many more. The webcam in the discussion has full HD1080p video recording ability, and autofocus capability which is really helpful while you are shooting or taking a shot by the webcam. This is the best webcam for PC desktops and laptops under a budget of 4000 INR in India.
Then it offers you the feature of one-click upload of images and videos at social platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Twitter and many more. The HP TrueVision helps to correct the colour of the video according to the light which is another plus of this webcam. But the software of this webcam has many loose ends.
The standing option with ball joint works in a flimsy way so you will feel it can get damaged anytime. The zooming does not contain the full sharpness which is a major flaw. To top that, this pricey webcam has only a year of warranty which is quite depressing.
- Premium Streaming : This video calling device delivers your presentation in stunning HD 1080p video quality at 30 frames-per-second with a 90-degree diagonal field of view; It covers the full action.
- UVC 1.5 H.264 Encoding : Frees up system bandwidth and delivers a smoother video stream by putting video processing in the camera.
- Ideal for Large Conference Rooms : This video conference camera is integrated with HDR, 4x digital zoom with remote control pan, tilt and zoom, as well as 2 omni-directional mics, so you can get your point across loud and clear.
- Versatile Connectivity : Adaptable to your business network set up, this conferencing webcam is certified for Microsoft Lync 2013 and Skype, compatible with most UC and web conferencing applications.
- Clip-and-Go : Mount the USB plug and play office conference camera on your LCD screen, notebook, table top or mount it on your own tripod instead; A removable cover flips down to assure privacy and peace of mind.
- Brighter Images : Equipped with Rightlight 2 technology with automatic HD light correction and autofocus, this streaming webcam produces bright, well-contrasted images – even if you’re in a dim setting.
This one can give direct competition to the HP cam that we have mentioned above. It has a large number of takers. It has Logitech RightSound technology working on it, and its camera and audio integration are great. The software used in it has special video effects and it can be fun for small kids.
Widest, Sharpest, Fastest HD Video for Desktop Collaboration
The Logitech Webcam C930e features the widest-ever field-of-view in a business webcam—90-degrees—perfect for face-to-face video collaboration and whiteboard presentations from any office. And it’s the first with HD 1080p H.264/SVC UVC 1.5 encoding, the newest technology that frees up PC bandwidth with on-camera video processing. With pan, tilt and zoom functions and advanced light-correction technology, this webcam delivers the most professional desktop video collaboration experience yet.
The latest technology for fluid full HD video calls
First 1080p HD webcam with on-camera video processing
Make a professional impression in vivid full HD video at up to a smooth 30 frames per second—without taxing your PC processing power. UVC H.264 encoding technology frees up bandwidth by putting video processing within the camera.Easily focus in on details
Pan, tilt and zoom
With the ability to digitally pan, tilt and zoom, you can easily focus on visuals and presentations with the highest level of HD video detail. (To control experience, downloadable software application may be required.)Extended 90-degree field of view
Widest-view business webcam
Now your video meetings can easily include whiteboard presentations or product demos. With an extended 90-degree field of view your clients and colleagues can clearly see you and whatever you’re presenting. And when the webcam is not in use, a convenient privacy screen covers the lens for added privacy and security.Compatible with most video conferencing apps
Enjoy easy USB connectivity to PCs or Macs and seamless compatibility with your familiar video apps—certified for Microsoft Lync 2013 and Skype, compatible with most UC and web conferencing applications, and supports H.264 1080p for Lync 2013.Automatically adjusts for poor lighting
Autofocus. Auto light correction.
Smooth autofocus keeps your video image razor sharp, even in close ups. Logitech RightLight 2 technology automatically adjusts for low light or backlit situations so you’re always seen in just the right light.Mounts on computers or tripods
Multiple mounting options
An integrated mounting clip and tripod thread give you the freedom to position the camera wherever it works best—LCD screen, notebook or tabletop.
7. Microsoft Lifecam VX-5000
This is another great invention of Microsoft which is not hugely used by Indians but worldwide it has earned a reputation. This one has easy plug and play features, and CD is included in this webcam. This offers great HD quality video recording. The low light recording is great by this one.
The software used by Micorsoft is of great quality. The cord of this piece is small one. The zooming through this webcam does not provide great pictures. Yahoo messenger does not go very well with this webcam either. Microsoft has offered only a year warranty for this product.
- CMOS Sensor Technology
- Up to 30 Frames Per Second
- 1920 x 1080 Sensor Resolution
- 5 MP Still Images
Another great webcam from Microsoft, this one is a higher-end model. It is specifically used in abroad and again, not very popular in India. It offers full HD1080p recording, and it has advanced auto-focus to help in it. It can be easily used for streaming and the audio recording is rather decent.
This gadget is a perfect streaming companion if you wish to get studio-style video on Youtube. You need a good CPU for the recording of 1080p or else it will be recorded at 720p. According to some users, this one creates problem during a call, as the image freezes in between the calls. Also you cannot get any warranty for this item within India.
- Crisp HD 720p/30 fps video calls with diagonal 55° field of view and auto light correction. Compatible with popular platforms including Skype and Zoom.
- The built-in noise-reducing mic makes sure your voice comes across clearly up to 1.5 meters away, even if you’re in busy surroundings.
- C270’s RightLight 2 feature adjusts to lighting conditions, producing brighter, contrasted images to help you look good in all your conference calls.
- The adjustable universal clip lets you attach the camera securely to your screen or laptop, or fold the clip and set the webcam on a shelf. You’re always ready for your next video call.
- Ideal for laptop or tablet: Compatible with Windows 10 or later, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS 10.10 or later, and Chrome OS via the USB port
- Very easy setup
- Pretty good quality (used on Windows)
- Good length of cable
- It’s designed to sit on the monitor, can sit on the desk but will be angled up looking up your nose
- Designed for Streaming: Supports video and audio recording in 720p 60 FPS / 1080p 30 FPS; Streamlabs certified and compatible with popular platforms like OBS and XSplit
- Convenient, Built In Lighting: An attached, 5600K daylight balanced ring light around the camera keeps you evenly lit without the hassle of additional lighting equipment
- Instant adjustable brightness: A rotating bezel allows for quick, brightness level changes without the need to go into software settings
- Superior Low Light Performance: Reduces graininess and brings out details in darker environments
- Compact, folding design: Perfect for on the go content creators
This is a great high-performance webcam. In fact, only this last one webcam is a product of the premium market. Razer is debatably the best brand in webcam and it also offers all kind of gaming products. The webcam they have come up with has IR camera for Windows Hello. Its 1080p/30 or 720p/60 FPS recording is outstanding.
This one can get you best 1080p recording as this webcam is compatible with Intel RealSense features. The depth-sensing technology is another great state of the art feature of this webcam. The removal of background and switching it up is easily done with this webcam. That enables more viewing space for the game in the scene.
This one is the first and only webcam which has 3D scanning. Scanned objects can be easily ported by the developers into Unity of Development work and designers can prepare files for 3D printing with that image. It is great for gamers as well, as they can scan their faces or objects to put into their favourite games. However, it is a bit pricey for the Indian market. The software used in this webcam gets buggy so it can get corrupt at times.
Webcam Buying Guide in India – How to choose the best webcam in India for Laptop and PC?
When you decide to buy a webcam for your laptop, you must watch for some qualities. The primary one is image quality. This is a prior feature which needs to be considered when you are looking for a unit to attach to your PC.
The quality of a webcam is decided by some technical parameters like resolution matrix and frame rate. How these parameters change the quality of any webcam is discussed below.
It decides the picture clarity and sharpness of webcam. When the brand is selling the webcam on the basis of matrix resolution, it means that there are a number of horizontal and vertical pixels are on display. As many pixels will be present in the picture, as sharper it will be.
This is the reason you wish to see a cam which offers image with at least 3 megapixels, as that is when the picture will look really clear and well defined on the screen. Nowadays, the most popular webcams offer 1280×720 resolutions. This is not ideal though, but it offers a moderately satisfactory picture when you view it on the thumbnail. To get the perfect picture quality the resolution should be 1920 x 1080 which is described as full HD resolution.
Users who are actually willing to go after true quality with awesome picture sharpness do not compromise with the resolution and get full HD webcams. Only you need to be aware of not having a proper high-speed internet connection, which will restrict you from getting that high-quality pictures on your computer, even after having a proper HD webcam is installed in it. The slow net connection frizzes the picture quality and it gets distorted
Framerate causes the smoothness of the pictures and it is expressed by FPS which is an abbreviated form of frames per second. The higher frame rate indicates smoother pictures quality. The usual optimal rate you should look for is 30 FPS and you can go for higher ones to attain better quality webcams.
Photo Quality is another deciding factor. It tells you about the picture will look good or not. It is again measured by the megapixel. When you are taking shots with your webcam this parameter will show you how good a taken photo is.
A good webcam will get you the type of connections you should get for your webcam as well as the other functionalities of the webcam like editing options, face detection, light correction and so on. There are various possibilities that are offered by different webcam and thus you must look for the one with the right kind of functional abilities.
Webcam build and agility is another great feature to the lookout. The built of the webcam can be a crucial and decision-making feature for the users. if you are buying the webcam for professional purpose then it must be able to make an online presentation. It needs to be fit for video courses and to broadcast on internet. The flexibility options and optimal angle for video capturing should be available on the webcam.
The last but not the least important quality of any webcam is lens quality. When the webcam has got a plastic optic instead of expensive lenses, you got to get a not-so-good picture with all your efforts. However, the price of the model gets down but the picture quality is also compromised.
The plastic lens does not transmit as much light as a glass lens does. Not only that, the plastic lens gets darker with time. If you are buying a costly webcam which is supposed to serve you for a long period, you should definitely bother to check the type of lens is used in the camera and buy the one with glass lens. Maybe you have to spend a little more but the benefit you will get is much more.
FAQs on Best Webcam for PC and Laptops in India
What is the best webcam in India under 2000 INR?
LOGITECH C270 is the best webcam in India for PC and Laptop you can buy under a budget of 2000 Rs.
Which brand is best for webcam?
There are many brands for webcam however some reliable brands are like Logitech, HK vision, etc.
Which webcam is best for online classes?
Logitech C922 Pro Stream: Best overall webcam for educators.
Over to you
There are lot of other options for webcams. However we have listed the best 10 webcams for your laptop and desktop which can give you quality experience while doing your teaching or business meeting. In our next roundup we will cover the best webcams under 2000 INR so you can buy a webcam in your budget as well.